Advisers: Christine DeLorenzo, PhD and Ramin Parsey, MD PhD. Center for Understanding Biology Using Imaging Technology. Departments of Biomedical Engineering and Psychiatry, Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook, NY
- Develop neuroimaging biomarkers for antidepressant treatment response using machine learning with data from simultaneous PET/MR (structural, DTI, ASL)
- Develop circadian rhythm biomarkers for antidepressant treatment response using timeseries data from Actigraphy
- Preprocessed and analyzed functional MRI (fMRI) data using Matlab and SPM
- Mentored interns for timeseries data preprocessing and analysis
1. Ali FZ, Lin S, Schwartz J, Parsey R, DeLorenzo C. Digital biomarkers for early assessment of treatment response in depression. Nature Digital Medicine.
2. Ali FZ, Lin S, Schwartz J, Parsey R, DeLorenzo C. Digital Biomarkers of Sleep-Wake Cycle from Wearables for Predicting Antidepressant Efficacy. Nature Biomedical Engineering.
3. Ali FZ, Chen H, Davis G, Ogden T, Parsey RV, Schwartz J, DeLorenzo C, Lin S. Digital Markers of Circadian Rhythm for Antidepressant Response Prediction. Translational Psychiatry.
4. Batheja S, Ali FZ, et. al. Association Between Sleep and Fatigue in Depression: Role of Underlying Neurotransmitters.
Collaborator: Archana Mishra, MD MS. Jacobs School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, NY
1. Yueh C, Ali F, Mishra A. Using Maslow’s Expanded Hierarchy of Needs for Effective Interventions To Reduce Burnout. Journal of the American Medical Association.
2. Pai V, Ali F, Okazaki K, Sasankan P, Samuels L, Mishra A. The Association of Burnout With Personality Characteristics in Medical Students. BMC Medical Education.
3. Mishra A, Ali F, McKernan KM, Rana N, Fernandez C, Khanna A. The Value of Appreciative Inquiry for Transforming Medical Training. Academic Medicine.
Collaborator: Jan-Henning Schierz, MD (dual certified). Municipal Hospital and Academic Teaching Hospital, Germany
1. Invited Editorial: Kalshetty A, Ali F, Schierz, JH. Brain in Oncologic PET: To Add or Not To Add. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
2. Invited Short Communication: Kalshetty A, Ali F, Schierz JH. Added Value of [18F]FDG-PET for the Evaluation of Brain Metastasis. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
3. Case Report: Ali F, Schaab F, Schierz JH. Portal vein thrombosis with arterioportal shunt mimicking hepatocellular carcinoma. Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology.
4. Case Report: Ali F, Schierz JH. [18F]FDG-PET/CT for Detecting Source of Immunothrombosis in Common Carotid Artery. Clinical Immunology.
Collaborator: Synho Do, MD. Lab of Medical Imaging and Computation, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
1. Annotated pneumonia on 200 chest x-rays using MarkIt, a web-based tool with artificial intelligence and blockchain technologies (Affiliated through the Machine learning tools and research subcommittee, Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine, Leesburg, VA)